BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Icing tips and Buttercream


I've been using buttercream and boiled frosting for years now. If i have to choose, ill still choose liquid frosting (royal icing, butter cream and boiled icing)over fondant. I love decorating cupcakes with buttercream while using different icing tips. 

There are different icing tips available on the market. 
(I personally buy in sweetcraft or chocolate lovers castle) 

Icing tips have different functions, some of them are made for flowers, stars, borders, leaf and even hearts. 
They are sold individually with a price ranging from 120 to 300. It all depends on the 
design and the size that you'll purchase.

I have left over buttercream in my ref, from time to time i bring them out and let them soften a bit. I practice different piping techniques with my left over or excess buttercream. While youtube videos and recipe books make it look like a breeze,you'll be surprise that it is quite a challenging tasks. 

Before i end this post kindly take a quick look at this:

This are the different icing tips from wilton. My personal Fav is the 1M *not in the picture*  and the star tip #27 and #31.

What's your favorite icing tip?:)

Practice. Practice. Practice.

Bake me, 

Dina

No comments:

Post a Comment