BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Affordable Alphabet cutters


I got a call from my friend the other day, and she was asking me if i could make her daughter an alphabet cake. She wanted a pink fondant cake with alphabets (gumpaste) as the basic medium of design. Right after we hang up, i went online to check on alphabet cookie cutters. I am a wilton fan, but i really don't use my money to buy baking gadgets. Most of my wilton goodies are gifts from loved ones.

Note: If you are planning to bake for a long period of time then try to invest on good high-quality brands. They may seem costly at first but their endurance can provide you years and years of service.


Going back to alphabet cutters. This is what i was able to browse online:


and this as well


and then i went thru my sister's baking stuff and i found these babies:

My sister bought this cutters for only 300.00 at toy kingdom (also available at toys r us) it comes in a tall transparent tube together with 6 colors of clay. I usually stroll around toy stores when i need cookie cutters. All i need to do is dust my gumpaste or fondant with cornstarch (be generous in dusting but don't over do it because your gumpaste or fondant might end up cracking) before pressing them to my alphabets molds/cutters.

NOTE: make sure to dust your cookie cutters and gumpaste with cornstarch so you won't have a hard time removing them from the alphabet molds.

Bonus TIP: you can also use chocolate molds for fondant decoration. They can help you create exquisite and beautiful decorations. Just make sure to dust them with cornstarch.

Happy Saturday,
Dina

  


1 comment: