BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mass wedding and Devotion






My husband and i have been married for 28 months now.That's 2 years and 4 months. Unlike most of my friend, i didn't have a grand wedding, because hubby and i couldn't afford something grand during those times. I was 8 months pregnant when we tied the knot and we really didnt have much time to plan a wedding. I kind of like broke the news to my parents on June, hubby converted to Roman Catholic in July and my sisters arrived in august and hubby put a ring on my finger in September 8.





Hubby and i participated in the mass wedding held by our shrine every once in awhile. We got married on September.08 together with 6 or 8 other couples. It was a very intimate celebration because only our families were present during that day. I had the most number of guests compared to other couples and we celebrated our reception at Bread Box which is located a few steps from the parish.





Like i always say to my friends, "wedding is not the same with marriage" getting married is easy while maintaining a marriage is a alot of work. I am really thankful that God blessed me with such a wonderful partner. I could not ask for more.


Last december.08.2011 our parish held a kasalang bayan for 7 couples. I really wanted to give something to the participants so i decided to bake them a cake. I bought cake mixes, and then i frosted them with buttercream and i also made some roses out of the excess butter cream.

For the butter cream recipe, i've been using wilton's recipe for years. You can check it out HERE
and Finally, i was able to used my sisters christmas gift Wilton design pattern press set.

If you are curious about the mass wedding, you can call National Shrine of the Sacred Heart and they'll be more than willing to answer all your concerns.

Till death do us part!

Happy Baking,

Dina

No comments:

Post a Comment