BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Gumpaste Part2



Here's a continuation post, regarding my gum paste entry which can be seen right after this post. I was looking around sweet craft last week and i saw flowers and decorations made out of gum paste. Can you believe that 6 pcs of roses would cost you around 200 pesos.
That's pretty expensive.
Those expensive flowers inspired me to perfect the art of making roses with the use of gum paste.


I have this, (took this photo via the internet)




My sister gave me this for no reason at all. She just showers me with gift from time to time. *awesome sister is awesome*.
Anyway, i have tried this flower set and it really really delivers. This costs around 800 to
1,200 depends on where your buying it. You can also purchase this thru www.sulit.com.ph

i let my gum paste rest for 24 hours before i use them. This makes it easier to work with.I was swamped with orders last december and i am still familiarizing myself with the art of gum paste. Btw,I used cookie cutters on my gum paste.


Note: You can use them right after you make them but it has the tendency to break into little pieces. So if you can and if you have the time, try to make you Gum paste a day ahead.

I tried cutting the gum paste into different shapes with the help of cookie cutters. I was able to produce cute toppers for my cakes and cupcakes. The recipe i have will make about 300 grams of gum paste.

Store gum paste in an airtight container. Shelf life would be a month or two. Commercial gum paste can lasts for over a year. You can try them out too.

Happy Caking,

Dina







No comments:

Post a Comment